So how did Monday go for you?  Were you able to cross everything off your list?  What issues did you run into?

I stopped at the library on my way home from work so I had cut a half hour out of my usual hour before the boys got home.  I had finished the bathroom (oh my gosh did my lights need dusting!) and was vacuuming up cobwebs when Jason walked into the bedroom with Dayne.

"What are you doing?"

Really?  Am I that big of a slacker that my husband has forgotten what a vacuum looks like?

I explained to him that I'm going to do a room or two a day of the week so that I'm not trying to shove it all in on the weekend.  Plus when we're busy like we were last weekend, no cleaning was done!  He said "I think it's great but why do you have something on Friday.  Take Friday off your list and just relax after a week of work.  So I'm adjusting my schedule.

I did make our bed this morning!  Go me!  :)

For those of you who want to follow along, here is what I plan on doing today.  I'll just refer back to these posts each week for newbies.

Everyday:

  • Make the bed
  • Manage clutter - whenever you leave a room, take a quick look around for anything that isn't where it should be.  Pick it up and put it where it belongs.  
  • Sort the mail
  • Clean as you cook.  Instead of filling the sink with pots & dishes , wash them or put them in the dishwasher as you prepare a meal.  
  • Wipe up spills while they're fresh.  
  • Sweep the kitchen floor
Tuesday:
  • Dust dining room & kitchen surfaces and objects, including furniture and light fixtures
  • Vacuum dining room upholstery, dining room & kitchen floor 
  • Mop dining room & kitchen floor
  • Discard foods and beverages past their prime
  • Flush kitchen drain with boiling water.
  • Wipe kitchen surfaces, including sink, countertops, the outside of the ventilation hood, refrigerator and cupboard doors
  • Wipe the inside of the oven, microwave & toaster oven
  • Wipe the inside & outside of kitchen trash & recycling bins

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Props to your hubs!!!!

UpperBottom said...

love this idea. i'm extremely in favor of cleaning dishes as you cook... makes me enjoy my meal more.

-rachel

Post a Comment