Then I saw Martha Stewart had checklists. I kind of like checklists, OK I love them. I love crossing things off and feeling like "Ahhh...I'm so accomplished". Sometimes I put things on my list I've already done just so I have more items crossed off than not. Tell me you haven't done the same thing.
So I decided to take her lists and sort them so each day during the week I had an area or two to clean. Today is Monday, the first day of my "Let's see if my good intentions will pan out" challenge. I usually have about an hour before Jason gets home with Dayne. So I'll try my best to shove my daily cleaning into one hour.
- Make the bed
- Manage clutter - whenever you leave a room, take a quick look around for anything that isn't where it should be. Pick it up and put it where it belongs.
- Sort the mail
- Clean as you cook. Instead of filling the sink with pots & dishes , wash them or put them in the dishwasher as you prepare a meal.
- Wipe up spills while they're fresh.
- Sweep the kitchen floor
- Change & launder bath mats, towels, washcloths, bed sheets and pillowcases.
- Clean toilets, bathtubs, showers and bathroom sinks.
- Dust bathroom & bedoorm light fixtures & bedroom surfaces & objects, including furniture
- Empty bathroom & bedroom trash bins & wipe the insides and outsides
- Vacuum & mop bathroom & bedroom floors
- Wipe bathroom & bedroom mirrors.
- Discard magazines & catalogs on side tables; store or pin those you want to keep
- Fluff bedroom pillows & comforters.