CONTEST CLOSED - CONGRATS TO PENNY S!!
When Classic Foods contacted me to ask if I was interested in trying their chips, you can probably guess I was doing a little dance. Who doesn't enjoy chips? Sure! I'll taste your food and let others know what I think!
Their box of goodies showed up the other day and I wasted no time sorting through the bags, my mouth watering at each description. When I pulled out the Baked Classic - Vanilla Frosting - I thought:
Uh....is that even going to taste good? Chips aren't suppose to be vanilla frosted.
Let me just say, Classic Foods - thank you SO much for going down that path. I popped the first chip in my mouth, my eyes got wide and I reached in for the next one, and the next one...and the next one. If you could take a vanilla cupcake and bake it into a chip shape - that's what this tastes like.
Even better - it's multi-grain, it has only 120 calories per serving, it's gluten free, no cholesterol and no trans fat. Could this chip get much more perfect? I think not. Thankfully they sent me several bags of this flavor. Trust me, if you're a fan of vanilla cupcakes, you're going to LOVE this chip.
Not to be outdone, they also sent me Natural, Sea Salt & Vinegar, Mesquite Barbecue & Spicy Jalapeno. Yum. Yum. Yum. Yum. In that order. Trust me, I'll let you know when I'm not a fan of a product. This stuff though? I will be buying it in the future. You can too on their site!
They have the perfect crunch to them, just like kettle chips do. The flavor was perfect! Jason did say he wishes there was more jalapeno on the Spicy Jalapeno flavor but he enjoys a good punch. I, on the other hand, thought it was a perfect blend. Just enough to let you know it's there. So I guess it depends on how much you enjoy the jalapeno flavor.
Check out the Kettle Chips they have the following flavors:
- Natural: “The Original Crunch” It doesn’t getting any simpler – our Natural chips have nothing but potatoes and sea salt.
- Mesquite Barbecue: “Backyard Crunch”: All the flavors you’d expect from a smoky barbecue – sweet brown sugar, tomato, onion, and garlic, paprika, annatto, tumeric and other spices.
- Spicy Jalapeno: “Fiery Crunch”: Yes, that’s a spicy chip. Made with pure jalapeno peppers, onion and garlic, natural flavors, paprika, and vinegar.
- Sea Salt & Vinegar: “The British Crunch”: Inspired by the Brits who favor these flavors over ketchup. These chips are made with sea salt, vinegar and natural flavors.
- Sundried Tomato Basil: “The Gourmet Crunch” Garden-fresh taste. Made with sundried tomatoes, basil, onion and garlic, parsley, paprika and natural flavors.
- Cracked Pepper & Sea Salt: “Perfect Combo Crunch” So zesty, so peppery. Coated with sea salt, black pepper, onion, garlic, and natural spices.
- Honey Dijon Mustard: “Sophisticated Sweet Crunch” This chip takes the sharp taste of Dijon mustard and the smooth, sweet taste of honey to create a one of a kind blend that really gets your taste buds dancing.
- African Red Devil Pepper™: “Exotic Crunch” This spicy-yet-citrusy chip was inspired by the Piri Piri pepper found in Africa and its heavenly taste is mouth-watering.
- Wasabi Ranch: “Cool Samurai Crunch” Wasabi is elegant spiciness that’s warm, not hot. Then, quickly fades to a slightly sweet, lingering finish. The perfect segway for ranch,a classic flavor that’s rich and smooth.
Their Baked Chips are offered in the following flavors:
- Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper: A spin on the well-known potato chip, this 110 calorie snack is the perfect marriage of salt and pepper.
- Mesquite BBQ: Now, with 10% less sodium than the original barbecue and only 110 calories, this traditional flavor is sure to spark memories of your annual family cookout.
- Vanilla Frosting: Creamy vanilla frosting with just the right amount of sweetness. Feel free to indulge without fear.
To top off this already awesome post, Classic Foods is giving one reader a 10-pack of Kettle Classics® – mixed flavors. Don't miss out on these amazing chips! You can bet I'll be placing my order for other flavors soon!
Here's how to enter:
You can enter to win by doing one or more of the following; just be sure to leave a separate comment for each way that you enter. Drawing ends at 12:01 AM on Saturday September 17. I’ll draw the winner, via random.org, on Saturday, September17. I will send an email to the winner & you will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen.
Use the Rafflecopter form below. If you don't see it - click on the title of this post. Otherwise email me at tarah716[at]ymail.com for instructions on how to enter.